You’re ready to take the plunge and get started with an inbound marketing plan for your company. You've decided the best approach is working with a strategic inbound marketing agency, but what do you look for when hiring an inbound marketing agency?
This post reviews five simple criteria to help you choose the agency that fits best with your company and goals.
1.) They Offer the Right Services
There are different agencies that focus on different aspects of marketing. You want to look for one that offers methods for increasing traffic to your site (SEO, PPC, etc.), as well as creating content offers for online lead generation.
2.) They Have a Plan
Is there a strategy at work? A good agency should be able to articulate the specific details of their plan—and it should make logical sense. Not only should they be able to tell you what they plan to do to grow your lead base, but they should be able to prove their success by showing what they've done for other clients.
3.) They Personalize
You can tell whether your prospective agency is client-centered by the first meeting: do they tailor their pitch to you and your business, your website, your social media accounts? Can they demonstrate, on the spot, the ways in which your website can be optimized for search? Or are they working from a one-size-fits-all Powerpoint?
Stay away from one-size-fits-all Power Points.
4.) They Can (And Want) To Train You
This is important. Because inbound marketing takes work. Your prospective agency will, of course, spearhead your marketing efforts. But they’re going to need your help, especially when it comes to creating content that positions you as an expert in your industry.
Agencies also understand that most agency-client relationships don't last forever. Setting you and your inbound marketing program up for success means training you to eventually take over yourself. Operating this way is a win-win for both parties; you'll leave the relationship with a full understanding of what's going on and how to continue your success and the agency ends up with a satisfied client more likely to refer others back to the agency.
5.) They Value Transparency
The most successful agency-client relationships are born from an understanding that they are partnerships. And any lasting partnership requires transparency on both ends. Your prospective agency should be forthright about their methods from the beginning, from everything from strategy to billing.
It's no secret by now that you're on a digital marketing agency website. We take finding the right clients very seriously, and hope our clients are putting the same consideration into making a decision to work with us as well.
For an honest look at what it's like to work with us, we've put together the following resources. Check them out, and if you like what you read, let us know.
- In-House Digital Marketing vs. Hiring an Agency: A Guide to Smart Decision-Making. This guide is a straight-forward review of the pros and cons of working with a digital marketing agency vs. implementing a digital marketing program in-house.
- The Complete Digital Marketing Checklist. For companies who want to set up their own inbound marketing campaigns, this is a comprehensive checklist with explanations of how and why each item is important.
- The Guide to a Successful Agency Kickoff. Once you've chosen an agency, there is still more work to be done. Preparing for your initial kick-off meeting helps your chosen agency do better work, leading to more success for your business.
- Inbound Marketing Agency Pricing in 2021. What services inbound agencies offer, what factors into their pricing strategies, and estimates for common services.
- Organic SEO Services in 2021: What You Get and How It Works. Common tactics agencies use to help your website get found in search results, what's involved, and how to tell a good agency from a poor one.
Download this white paper to learn the pros and cons of marketing in-house vs. hiring an agency.
Topics: Working with an Agency